It all began when Maria von Trapp decided to write a book about the adventurous life of the Trapp family. The family story was published in 1949. The rest is history!
A few of “The Sound of Music” locations in the city of Salzburg and in the Salzburger Land:
1. The Leopoldsdron-Palace / Salzburg
2. The “Wedding-Church” / Mondsee
3. The Gazebo in Hellbrunn / Salzburg
4. The authentic Trapp-House in the Suburb of Aigen / Salzburg
5. The Mirabell-Garden with a great view to Hohensalzburg Fortress / Salzburg
6. The convent of Nonnberg / Salzburg
7. The “Frohnburg”-Residence / Salzburg (Home of Trapp-Family in Movie. Today you can hear the piano sounds of the students of the Mozarteum University from the beautifully renovated old walls as far as Hellbrunner Allee).
Famous places from the “The Sound of Music”-Movie are also:
The Archbishop´s Residence
Rock Riding School
St. Peter`s District
Handwritten Postcard is a small company from Austria that sends handwritten postcards all over the world.
Capturing the hearts of millions, The Sound of Music is a beloved classic. Relive the magic of the movie with this lovely, handwritten postcard featuring Maria’s favorite song. A great keepsake to remember a musical that will forever be etched into our hearts.
This postcard shows the cover of the original soundtrack of The Sound of Music. It’s the perfect gift to send to your friends and family from Austria!
The Sound of Music is a 1965 American musical film starring Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer. The film is an adaptation of the stage musical of the same name, which is in turn based on the memoir of the von Trapp family, The Story of the Trapp Family Singers.
Send your friends and family a little piece of Austria and the “Sound of Music” with this postcard! The front depicts a view of the city of Salzburg along with the noted hills, The Sound of Music theater, the Hohensalzburg Castle, and St. Peter’s Church. The back of the postcard is a hand written message by someone from Salzburg wishing your friends and family well.